EPISODE #26 | DR JAMES KONDRUP | BROOKLYN BOY TO INTERNATIONAL SURGEON
AR EXCLUSIVE EPISODE | DR JAMES KONDRUP | BROOKLYN BOY TO INTERNATIONAL SURGEON
Sit down for an insightful conversation with Dr Jim Kondrup, an obstetrician-gynecologist, as we discuss his amazing journey from "Brooklyn Boy to International Surgeon." Dr Kondrup discusses the level of commitment it truly takes to excel in medical school, as well as the intense study and training needed to become a medical doctor as a career path. If you've ever wanted to get inside the mind of a doctor, here's your chance!
- Born in Naples, Italy before moving to Brooklyn.
- Wanting nothing more than to become a police officer.
- Commitment level for any career path.
- Being proactive in school.
- Learning from mistakes.
- The value of mentors and the need to ask for help.
- His destiny in becoming a teacher.
- The power of technology in medicine.
- How medical students are using podcasts and videos for learning.
- The importance of movement.
- A bad day today doesn’t mean a bad day tomorrow.
- The power of helping a fellow human and “saving the day.”
- Pay it forward.
- Reaching out to people that are lonely.
- A detailed account of Dr Kondrup’s career path.
- Entering the field of fertility and in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- Minimally invasive surgery: less pain, shorter hospital stays and fewer complications.
- Teaching surgery through video in the early days of VHS.
- The progress of technology and teaching surgery all over the world.
- Breaking through fear.
- Learning specific speaking techniques when traveling and speaking abroad.
- Respecting the customs of the country you’re in.
- The impact of Dr Kondrup’s YouTube channel.
- Teaching laparoscopic hysterectomies in Vietnam.
- What doctors think about during surgery and how to handle certain situations.
- Dr Kondrup’s passion of speaking to inspire.
- Staying ahead of cancer with testing.
- The need to be your own advocate; do your own research.
- Dr Kondrup’s son’s decision to enter the Naval Academy and his extreme focus.
- Robotic surgery.
- Customization of surgeon’s tools.
- Demands of being a doctor on your family.
- The value of getting to know your children.
- Dr Kondrup’s admiration for his wife.
- First impressions are not always right.
- His conversation sitting next to Cal Ripken, Jr. on a flight.
- The importance of living out your own life story.
- Don’t worry as much; trust in the spirit around you.
- The fine line in having too much fun and not taking a responsible life route.
- Dr Kondrup’s opinions about what happens after death.
- Dr Kondrup’s legacy.
Join our inner-circle: https://www.americanreal.tv/purchase/elitepass