EP 73 - Stronger with Science feat. Greg Nuckols
Really excited to have with us Greg Nuckols - creator the fantastic research-based website - Stronger By Science
He is somewhat of a mentor for both Everett and Dave and he is here to share his story and to get into the weeds regarding the strength sports.
Some of the questions we went over include -
- Why did you get into powerlifting?
- What are your strength numbers -best & current
- What are the most common injuries you see from powerlifters and what is the usual reason for this?
- What do you take on a regular basis to supplement your training?
- What is your worst injury and what did you do to fix it?
- What accessories do you use for lifting? What supplements do you take?
- What pet peeves do you have when it comes to training in a gym?
- What is one thing you have heard many lifters say that is WRONG/MYTH?
- Favorite powerlifter to watch progress/compete?
- Why the recent website name change from strengtheory to Stronger By Science?
- What are the key things to keep in mind for guys who get into powerlifting at older ages (37 for me, training 4 years now, best lifts: 550/300/550)
- Key things for recurring injuries (adductor pull, same leg)