Top 10 questions you need answered before accepting that new head football coaching position
Episode #2: Top 10 Question you need answered before accepting that New Head Football Coach Position
Looking to become a Head Football Coach or move to another School? Make sure you get the answers to these top 10 questions before you make that decision.
1. Why did the last Head Coach leave or get fired?
2. Who will be my Supervisor or go to person be?
3. Do I get to hire my own Staff?
4. From the last staff who do you think is a good fit or bad fit?
5. Is the administration and faculty supportive of the football program?
6. What is the budget for football program and how much does the school contribute?
7. What type of faculties do we have? (i.e.: weight room, locker rooms, game field, press box, practice field, coach’s office)
8. Do the youth programs use our fields and who are the feeder programs and schools?
9. Is there a parent’s group or booster club?
10. Is the school enrollment declining or rising?
The answer to these questions should give you a good foundation of information to determine is this job for me? Many new head coaches jump at the first opportunity that comes their way, thinking they will be able to do what they know it takes to start-up or turn around a football program. The problem is they never find out about these top 10 questions until there on the job and by then it’s way too late.
Review our Website www.CoachPFootball.com for additional Football Resources with everything you need to build a successful program and improve your coaching knowledge. Playbooks, Drill, Videos, Practice Scripts, organizational forms and more.
Want to keep up to date with all our new content and valuable resources add your email address to our insiders list of coaches. Go to our website: www.CoachPfootball.com in the pop-up window add your email address today.
Follow us on social media, go to our website and click on your favorite social media icon to follow us: Twitter, Facebook, linkden and Pinterest.
What topics would like to hear more about? Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a question, struggling with something in your program reach out to us today we want to help email@example.com
Have a great Coach Them Up!