Dr Amer Siddiq on Mental Health
Anterograde - Unable to remember new things
Retrograde - Unable to remember things of the past
Possible causes of amnesia:
- infection of the brain (meningitis)
- tumour in the brain
- inflammation of the brain
- Intervention due to mental health treatment
- Chronic alcohol users (confabulations)
- Accute stress distorder (psycholoigcal)
Potential diagnosis methods:
- mini-mental state examination (MMSE)
- electro encathelogram
- CT Brain scan
In Malaysia, traumatic brain injury is main cause of amnesia due to number of accidents. Please wear safety gear, particularly helmet.
No specific medication.
Shoutout to PM LIVE!
See me on MyDoctors on ASTRO Ria tonight - 19th Feb 2018 at 11pm, and every Monday after that.
We are on Raku! Thank you for hosting our podcast. www.raku.my
Find me on twitter @DrAmerSiddiqPsy or #medtweetmy @medtweetmyhq or on FaceBook at DrAmerSiddiqPsych. Looking forward to reading your comments and tweets!
Also MyMentalHealth on Youtube - focusing more on Malay content