Get Good - Podcast of Loathing
There are a lot of news and a lot of games coming out this week, but none of that matters since I’m locking myself away in a dumpster, playing my garbage games. So, I’ll just let Spiffy run you through all that’s going on this week.
- Sony finally announces the PS4K (officially PS4 Pro) and the PS4 Slim. The Slim will be out for $299.99 on Sept 15th with no new features, just a usual slim upgrade. The PS4 Pro, Sony’s 4K system will be out Nov 10 for $399.99.
- Despite a strong start this generation, Sony continues to drop the ball. PSN price increase, No 4k Blu Ray player in the Pro, no mods for Fallout or Skyrim on the PS4. Will they regain their momentum?
- Shambling zombie of the past, Interplay, is hosting an IP yard sale and shedding all they own. Interplay held key roles in such games as Baldur’s Gate, Earthworm Jim, and Fallout. We’re considering buy ye olde gem, Clayfighters!
- Mario is coming to smart phones. It’s a runner. NEXT!
- Microsoft approves an NES emulator for the Xbox One and we’re ridiculously confused. At the same time though, we anxiously await the lawsuits.
Indie Dome: PAX West edition:
- Secret Legend: Zelda-like with an adorable fox.
- 20XX: Rogue-like Mega Man. Super sick. Available now?
- West of Loathing: “Sequel” to Kingdom of loathing, silly browser-based RPG. Very simple art style, but excellent use of shaders and smooth animation.
- Oxygen Not Included: Don’t Starve in space.
- Strafe: You remember Quake? This is Quake. Everyone likes Quake.