Get Good - Sombra de Amigo
Ryan Karl published on
This week in game releases
- Nov 8 - Tuesday
- Some VR Things, primarily Eagle Flight
- Harvest Moon: Skytree Village
- Nov 11 - Friday
- Dishonored 2
- ¿Quién es Sombra? Well now we know! After months of drawn out ARG, missing the ideal announcement day of Dia de los Muertos, Blizzard opened BlizzCon by announcing Sombra. A Mexican hacker with a machine pistol and the ability to go invisible, teleport, and disable other hero’s abilities. She should hit the Test Server this Tuesday and be along in the main game later this month.
- Not only will the Necromancer be returning to Diablo 3, but Blizzard is also remaking Diablo 1, bringing in a filter to restore the grainy look of D1, and the option to use 8 directional movement. There’s no date or price attached to the Rise of the Necromancer pack, but expect it sometime next year.
- Animal Crossing New Leaf is bringing in Amiibo support, adding 50+ characters to your little slice of Purgatory. Now you too can have 15 versions of Link and Mario to run errands for.
- Deciding that selling personal information is not enough, Facebook decides to take on Steam thinking that they can succeed where Origin, UPlay, etc. failed. Introducing Facebook Gameroom, a desktop app where you can play all your pay-to-win mobile games from the comfort of your desk.
- And finally, we bring you the title of the next Tomb Raider game: Shadow of the Tomb Raider, developed by Eidos Montreal. Eidos Montreal, you may recognize, is not usual Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics. Expect CD to announce the newest Gex game later next year.
- Please check out our partner podcasts:
- Nerd Porn Podcast, Pop Culture Leftovers, Comic Slobs, Friday Night Fandom, and Scene-It Cast