Fighting Human Trafficking Through Passion + Thoughtfulness - with Jennifer Franz
What makes for a sustainable, thriving mission-driven organization? A passionate team of contributors focused on a common purpose and intentional in the pursuit of impact.
In today’s episode, listen as guest Jennifer Franz tells the story of Love146, and learn how a passionate and purpose-centered culture drives sustained impact for the long-term.
In this episode, we talk about:
- what it was like for Jennifer transitioning from a role in Finance to Employee Engagement
- how Love146 walked through unexpected challenges on the path of growth
- why Love146 hires for "culture-contribution" rather than "culture-fit"
- how Love146 makes difficult decisions about where to focus their attention and resource
ABOUT JENNIFER & LOVE146
Jennifer is a native New Yorker, who transplanted to Charlotte, NC in 2013. Prior to joining Love146 in 2004, she worked in the commercial real estate sector, in operations management for various small businesses, and also lived internationally. Driven by a passion for the issue of human trafficking, she has had the honor of working for Love146 since its inception and has been with the organization for 14+ years. Jennifer holds a B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in nonprofit management, and is in the final stretches of a dual graduate certificate degree in Leadership of Nonprofit Organizations and a master’s degree in Organizational Leadership. She values time with family, friends, and her two dogs. An avid reader, coffee connoisseur (some say “coffee snob”), and a believer in annual viewings of “The West Wing” series; she finds joy in the pursuit of the goodness of life.
Love146 is an international human rights organization working to end child trafficking and exploitation through survivor care and prevention. The trafficking and exploitation of children is one of the darkest stories and most severe human rights abuses imaginable. But for Love146, the hope of ending it is a reality. Love146 is helping grow the movement to end child trafficking while providing effective, thoughtful solutions. They believe in the power of love and its ability to effect sustainable change. Love is the foundation of their motivation. - "OUR VISION IS THE ABOLITION OF CHILD TRAFFICKING AND EXPLOITATION. NOTHING LESS."
More on Love146:
- Website: https://love146.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Love146.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Love146
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/love146
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaieCMgisHxGdeLleBXAu5A