32. Battling the Invisible Illness - A Discussion on Mental Health
This week we have a very candid and heart felt discussion about mental illness. The battle is real. Enduring and coping with mental issues is a real challenge for your loved one battling the mental issue and those around them who are trying to provide love, understanding and support. One of the key things that makes it so challenging is that it is an invisilbe illness. While we are better about facing the biting reality of mental issues it still can be difficult to admit, confront and discuss. Join us as we open our hearts and discuss battling the invisible illness.
Highlights from this episode
- I'm just not feeling my self
- Tell tell signs that we've noticed
- Tips for those who are supporting those suffering from mental illness, depression, anxiety, etc.
- Pushing past the stigma and recognizing mental illness is a real issue
- Dealing with dark thoughts
- The importance of loved ones developing greater empathy, consideration, and deeper love and commitment
- Celebrating and enjoying the good minutes, hours or days
- It's ok to get help
If you are struggling and would like to visit with one of us please contact us at email@example.com