34. Your Past Doesn't Define Your Destiny
We are amazed at the response to our two past episodes exploring our personal battle with anxiety and depression. If you missed them please listen to Battling the Internal Turmoil and Battling The Invisible Illness.
This week we explore the importance of not letting our past hold us back and defining our destiny. Embrace the lessons, the heartaches, disappointments and even success of the past and use them as launching points for where you are trying to go.
- We touch on a few thoughts we received from people who are experiencing depression.
- Jody's discussion with Neil Legend about what he missed as a child with his dad.
- The tendency to make excuses because of our past and even our present to not taking action to change our destiny
- Not staying with a goal long enough
- How long do you stay working for a goal?
- Make a decision today and stay consistent in the efforts required to achieve your goal
- Set markers so that you can measure your progress
- Micro improvements compound to build big things
- Don't let the skeletons of the past define you.
- Finding your true self worth.
Podcasts Mentioned in the podcast
The Dip by Seth Godin