Guest Elisheva Schwartz From The Dyslexia Quest - Dyslexia and Self-Esteem
In this episode we interview Elisheva Schwartz from The Dyslexia Quest.
Elisheva is a dyslexia researcher, mother, wife , intelligence re- define -er and podcast host. She’s on a mission to decode the dyslexic mind, and empower the dyslexic community to fully understand both the strengths and the difficulties of the processing style.
In the episode we discuss:
1. Dyslexia and Self-Esteem - how parents can help maintain their child's self-esteem
2. The Power of Words - how the words parents use can either uplift or bring down their children
3. A Free Webclass that Elisheva is having - “How To Build Your Child’s Self-Esteem, Even If The School Is Tearing It Down”.
More about Elisheva
These days Elisheva travels the world to talk about learning differences, dyslexia, and self esteem, has a podcast ranked number 29 on the iTunes category in Education, and a thriving online business ( as well as two adorable children and a husband), but life was not always this full of ease.
By third grade Elisheva was being kicked out of class and into the hallway of the principal's office, by fifth grade she was getting suspended and by the time she was a junior in High School, Elisheva had dropped out school all together for half of the year, unsure if the classroom was the place for her.
Eventually Elisheva did find her way to university studying psychology, cognitive science and education, but her tumultuous past stayed with her, propelling her into her quest to understand Dyslexia, Learning Differences, Self Actualization and Holistic Human Flourishing; culminating in her live online community course for parents of dyslexic students on Dyslexia and Self Esteem, titled “ How To Build Your Child’s Self Esteem, Even If The School Is Tearing It Down” . ??
Elisheva is also offering a FREE webinar on the 7th, 14th and 21st of August. This webinar is on topics related to her new online course in September on dyslexia and self-esteem for middle school children called, “How To Build Your Child’s Self-Esteem, Even If The School Is Tearing It Down”. This course will offer tons of valuable information and support for parents who feel overwhelmed and want guidance on boosting their children's self-esteem.
- Check out more and how to sign up for the FREE webinar : https://elishevaschwartz.lpages.co/webinar2017/.
- See the Episode Archive here: http://www.elishevaschwartz.com/series/episode-archieve/.
- Check out @thedyslexiaquest on Instagram for inspiration and more about the podcast or reach out to us on Facebook!