28: LiveLifeXXXL with Arvind Achal | At 50, everyone has the face he deserves... (Cross-Posting)
This week's episode is a cross-posting of an interview that I did for the LiveLifeXXXL podcast with Arvind Achal.
It is a more personal and autobiographical interview, actually conducted on my 50th birthday.
In the interview we discuss:
- the meaning of George Orwell's "At 50, everyone has the face he deserves..."
- how different phases of globalisation produced me and my ancestors in Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean
- reflections on growing up as an immigrant in Toronto, Canada in the 1970s and 1980s in a "Trinidad colony"
- the export of Trinidadian culture
- how reading Malcolm X made me leave Canada to live in Trinidad and Tobago
- being raised Catholic and the influence of Liberation Theology
- settling in Trinidad as a foreign-born "returnee" and finding my place
- a critical view of the international educational system
- studying in Toronto, Jamaica, and Hull (UK) and building my intellectual network
- the origins of my podcast in the New World Group of Caribbean radical intellectuals
- advice on personal development: "SPICES"
- the type of Hinduism I follow
Please comment, like, share and subscribe.