56: Bill Binney | The Original NSA Insider Exposing the Deep State for 20 Years
We live in a world of mass surveillance and big data that in some ways not even George Orwell could think up in his nightmares.
It doesn't seem like we live in the hellish world of 1984, however. It is more like Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, where people in the Western world are controlled by the manipulation of pleasure, psychology, drugs, sex, hedonism, Big Government, Big Banks, and Big Corporations.
There is an illusion of freedom and choice, but really there is control, somewhat like the Matrix.
Is this merely a conspiracy theory? Are things really that bad?
Today, I am pleased to have on our podcast Mr. William Binney, who has been at the forefront, even before Edward Snowden and perhaps even Julian Assange, at exposing the extent and nature of Government surveillance, and some deeply disturbing aspects about it.
William Binney is a former high-level National Security Agency intelligence official who, after his 2001 retirement after 30 years, blew the whistle on NSA surveillance programs. His outspoken criticism of the NSA during the George W. Bush administration made him the subject of FBI investigations that included a raid on his home in 2007. Even before Edward Snowden’s NSA whistle blowing, Binney publicly revealed that NSA had access to telecommunications companies’ domestic and international billing records, and that since 9/11 the agency has intercepted some 15 to 20 trillion domestic communications.
The Snowden disclosures confirmed many of the surveillance dangers Binney — without the benefit of documents — had been warning about under both the Bush and Obama administrations.
- How he has been able to ward off the US Government from persecuting him for whistleblowing activities
- The criminal use of malicious prosecution and fabrication of evidence by the US Government and State agencies to frame whistleblowers
- the Deep State, Government supremacy, and the massive profits of the weapons industry
- His experience in the NSA since the 1960s, the Vietnam War, etc.
- How he was attacked by the very whistleblower agencies that were supposed to protect them
- How 9/11 could have been prevented
- The Forensic Evidence the PROVES Russia did not hack the 2016 US Election or the Democratic Party
- Trump's threat to the Deep State
- How he switched from Democrat to (more or less) Republican
- the betrayal of the USS Liberty
- the People's Revolution around the world, against the establishment on both the right and the left
- the future of the internet in an age of surveillance and censorship
- How he has been smeared by the mainstream media
- How Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats were equally or more enthusiastic about violating the Constitution and citizen privacy, due process, and even sanctioning extra-judicial killing
- how to dismantle the Deep State
- why Big Tech firms like Facebook, Google, etc. should be broken up