65: End of Season 1, Highlights, check out my New Books in Politics podcast
Season 1 of "Independent Thought and Freedom" has been amazing. I've gotten to interview many of my dream guests and I think we have been able to generate some uniquely insightful ideas and interviews.
Over the previous 52 weeks, I have interviewed some of the most interesting people around the world (including you), who are shaking up politics, society, economies and ideas around the world.
These have included:
- Dr. Shashi Tharoor, Indian MP, best-selling author, and former UnderSecretary-General of the UN
- Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, former Assistant Treasury Secretary for Ronald Reagan
- Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai, inventor of email, candidate for Massachusetts Senate
- Jacques Cheminade, multiple-time French Presidential Candidate
- Samia Nkrumah, politician and daughter of Pan-African icon and Ghana's first Prime Minister, Kwame Nkrumah
- Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, former Chief of Staff of Gen. Colin Powell, who put together the infamous 2003 "weapons of mass destruction" dossier for the United Nations
- Sheikh Imran Hosein, world-renowned Islamic scholar and former diplomat
- Liliana Gorini, chairwoman of the Italian political party MoviSol, Movimento Solidarietà
- Helga Zepp-Larouche, founder and chairperson of the Schiller Institute in Germany, and wife of the late Lyndon LaRouche
- Dr. Cynthia McKinney, Bangladesh-based author, activist, former US Congresswoman, former Presidential candidate for the Green Party
- E. Michael Jones, radical Catholic social thinker
- Charandass Persaud, former Guyanese MP who brought down the Guyanese Government in an historic vote of no-confidence
- Erica Williams-Connell, daughter of Dr. Eric Williams, independence leader, historian, and first Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago
- The Saker, leading Russian and international affairs analyst
- Professor Kapil Kumar, Director of the Centre for Freedom Struggle & Diaspora Studies at the Indira Gandhi National Open University
and many more
In the coming weeks, I'll be uploading snippets from these interviews to let you see the amazing highlights of the past year or so
I have also started hosting "New Books in Politics" podcast on the New Books Network
(http://newbooksnetwork.com), published out of Massachusetts USA
NBN is the largest podcast enterprise in the world in terms of the number of episodes. We've published 7,250 episodes and issue 35 new ones every week. It's also one of the largest in terms of audience: We do about a million downloads a month, about 30K a day. We are the most successful academic author outreach program in history.
My first interviews lined up have been Ann Coulter, William Dalrymple, Alexander Dugin, Douglas Murray, Farrukh Dhondy, Sir John Redwood, Max Blumenthal, and Prime Minister PJ Patterson. Edward Snowden said to check him in Spring again.
Make sure you subscribe!
See you over at NBN, and I'll join you again with new episodes in Season 2