15 Ross Intelligence 2018: AI in the Legal Profession, AI and Legal Research
Ross Intelligence 2018: AI in the Legal Profession; AI and Legal Research
Stephen Turner Lawyers of Tomorrow: Lawyers of Tomorrow Podcast
Welcome to the Lawyers of Tomorrow Podcast. This episode is about artificial intelligence and the law and artificial intelligence in legal research.
My guest today is Andrew Arruda, CEO Ross Intelligence, an AI machine learning legal research software developer.
- Who are Ross Intelligence?
- What does Ross Intelligence do?
- How Ross Intelligence works?
- Machine learning Ross Intelligence software
- Why Ross Intelligence?
HERE ARE SOME TIME MARKERS TO HELP YOU AROUND THE VIDEO
1:13 What is Ross Intelligence / what does Ross Intelligence do using AI in legal research?
- Who is Andrew Arruda: CEO Ross Intelligence
- Who are Ross Intelligence: how did the Ross team come together?
- Andrew's mission to provide tools to perform legal research the easy way
5:42 AI in the legal profession
- lawyers adopting a new mindset
- lawyers, AI and risk
9:52 Where are we with the adoption of AI in the legal profession?
- Malcolm Gladwell: adoption of innovations
- educating lawyers on the benefits of AI in law and AI in legal research
14:52 AI, lawyers and return on investment
17:31 Law firms, AI and incentives
21:06 Lawyers and data
- data: a new lawyer skill set
- lawyers and data science
- importance of education on the use of data
24:32 Advice to law firms setting out to learn about the adoption of AI
- start with pen and paper
- process mapping
- the mindset for innovation
28:56 Advice to law firms setting up innovation teams
- identifying areas that need improvement
- identifying the firm's challenges
- setting expectations
- importance of discipline
- business principles and project management
- getting help from consultants
34:27 How is Ross Intelligence working with law schools?
- examples of great legal technology courses
- Ross natural language technology in law schools
39:49 Silicon Valley, venture capital and the legal sector
- where are we now with VC funding in legal tech?
- advice to lawyers with a legal tech idea
46:08 Legal research and Ross Intelligence:
- What is Ross Intelligence and which practice areas does it serve?
- Ross Intelligence research tools: how does Ross Intelligence work?
- Eva Ross Intelligence / Eva legal research tool checks and summarises case law for free!
- Ross natural language processing
- Ross intelligence 2018 and beyond...Andrew's plans for more Ross legal tech
50:51 Future of the legal technology market
53:25 Collaboration within the legal technology market
55:21 Andrew's work mentoring Josh Browder of Do Not Pay; access to justice and AI
56:36 Andrew Arruda CEO - secrets to success
Thanks Andrew for a wonderful podcast!
LINKS TO OTHER RESOURCES
Richard Tromans, Artificial Lawyer 2018 Lawyers of Tomorrow Podcast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngx-K...
Richard Tromans on Ed Andrews Podcast https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/ed-a...
Jimmy Vestbirk, Legal Geek https://youtu.be/9KnFsWq1qDQ
Zev Eigen 'Half-Assed Innovation': Do Law Firms Need to Change Incentives to Innovate?https://www.law.com/legaltechnews/201...
Ken Grady Machine Learning: A Newer Version Of A Lean Thinking Tool? https://medium.com/the-algorithmic-so...
Leadership for Lawyers: how to develop and retain fiercely loyal talent, with Dov Baron
WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THIS PODCAST? Feel free to leave a comment - I'm really interested in what you think!
Like me to cover something of interest to you in one of my podcasts? Leave a comment to let me know, or email email@example.com
YOU CAN FIND ME HERE:
10 Powerful Exam-Busting Techniques to Increase Your Exam Score by 10%