051 | Gaining efficiency in your ATC communications | Captain Sullenberger's comments on 737 MAX
Aerotime Article about Capt. Sullenberger: https://www.aerotime.aero/ruta.burbaite/22764-captain-sully-weighs-in-on-737-max-crashes-in-congress-hearings?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email
- “Monitor the freq. before you speak”
- Not everything has to be read back. Use “Wilco” often.
- Traffic Calls - Use “looking/searchin,” or “Traffic in Sight”
- “I don’t want to get into trouble, so I don’t talk to ATC” - WRONG
- “I thought I was doing you a favor” - Nope
- “ATC is too busy to talk to me” - Sometimes, but not likely
- How far out do I call the tower?
- When contacting Approach with a request, should I simply state: XYZ approach, the tail number, and stop? OR immediately go for the full request?
- Pet Peeves
Music by: Danijel Zambo
Buy me a coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/BravoGolf