The Smart Years
Diversity & Inclusion in Tech: Whose Burden of Proof?
Bybreen Samuels is in conversation with Kim Crayton. She is a; Chief Encouragement Officer, Proud Multipotentialite, Advocate for Diversity, Inclusion and Safe Places in Tech. Through her advocacy she's turning up the temperature in the tech industry with her vision, #causeascene. The aim is to create access for and recognition of under-represented people in tech.
However, there was a moment in the birthing of this mission that caused Kim to pause at a cross road. She publicly shared her vulnerabilities around what it means to be at the helm of a movement, she didn't expect to happen. Tune into this episode of The Smart Years to discover the:
- Life changing event that brought her into the tech industry
- One word that integrated her identity
- Books she found in her mum's library that opened her eyes
- Reason why living nakedly is so important to her
- Key astrological archetype she must live out
- Door to which the burden of proof must lay
- Companies who are implimenting good inclusive practices
- Person she hung out with instead of going to summer camp and what he taught her
- Power allies who choose to make themselves uncomfortable to enable access for under-represented people.
Quote of the Day by Jacqueline Woodson
"Diversity is about all of us and about us figuring out how to walk through this world together."
- Book - The 5th Discipline - The Art and Practice of the Learning Organisation
- Podcast - The Gary Vee Audio Experience