The Smart Years
Grey Hair Geekettes - Tomorrow's Tech Commentators
Bybreen Samuels is in conversation with Carla Schroder. Carla describes herself as, "A woman with many interests that needs multiple lifetimes to do what I want to do." In this lifetime she is a Technical Writer and Author of three books, namely; Linux Cookbook, Linux Networking Cookbook and the Book of Audacity. In addition to this, Carla has written hundreds of Linux, 'how to' articles. She currently works for a major Linux company, writing product manuals for enterprise cloud products.
Tune into this episode of The Smart Years to discover:
- Why Carla left behind her 'phoney, people pleaser' lifestyle
- Who she observed to shave off this unattractive conditioning
- The childhood attribute and behaviour she still fights off today
- What she did to learn the meaning and power of the word, 'yes'
- A valuable life lesson that can resolve conflicts in healthy ways
- How you can move into the world of becoming a technical writer
- The implications of fake news / 'clickbait crapola' on the tech industry
- The one main thing tech writers must give their readers via their content
- The range of jobs that are available beyond becoming a software engineer
- Some tech industry changes that have taken place over the last 20 years
- Do's and don'ts lessons that Carla has picked up along the way that may help you
My Life on the Road - Gloria SteInem
Quote of the Day - Oprah Winfrey
"The way I see it, every year can be a brand new journey. Think about it, you get one chance to be 25, 38, 44, 61 and every age before, in between and after. Why wouldn't you want to experience all the wonder in each step of your path?"